• Frequently Asked Questions •

What are your business hours?

ACESS is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. We are closed on weekends and during lunch (12-1pm every day).

Where is ACESS located?

Our address is 25 Third Street, Akwesasne, Quebec H0M1A0. From Route 37, follow St. Regis Road all the way down to Third Street (it will be on your left). Once you're on Third Street, about a quarter mile down the road, our offices will be on your right. The Administration building is located in the back of our parking lot (picture shown on the right). Our Employment and Training Center is to the left of the admin building.

What services do you provide for Employers?

ACESS seeks to create mutually beneficial partnerships with employers, matching your hiring/recruitment needs with our job-ready clientele. Our most popular, is our sponsored subsidized wage programs. Want more more information? Please contact our office to speak with an ACESS team member. (613-575-2626). We'd be happy to help you!

What are Employer Eligibility Requirements?

Eligibility Requirements are what we require from YOU (the employer) in order for us to help you and have access to our programs. You can find the Employer Eligibility Requirements here: https://www.acessjobs.ca/programs-services

Do you provide funding to post-secondary students?

Funding is available to clients who apply and have not used up their 208 weeks of funding. Funding is on a case by case basis. You must complete the Akwesasne Career & Employment Support Services application and go through the process.

How long does it take to process my application?

The process can take up to 30 days. This gives us enough time to process applications as they are submitted, verify eligibility and outside funding sources, conduct assessments, and discuss with our staff team before approvals are made.

When can I expect to receive my check?

If you have been approved for funding all checks are required to be mailed. If you have not received your check in the mail, please contact our office for more information. (613.575.2626)

Do you provide any funding while working towards your high school diploma?

As of April 1, 2016, we discontinued funding clients to get their high school diploma.

What are the steps to apply for a summer job? (reserved for ages 14-29)

First, stop by our office for a Summer Employment Experience Development (SEED) application. Second, fill out all the information in the application, make sure everything is correct. Third, hand everything back in to our offices by the deadline. **This is very important! All applications handed in after the deadline will be considered late and marked as such. Your application will looked at after everyone else who got there application in on time.** It takes a couple weeks to process all the applications we receive. We will notify you if you have been approved. You may also stay in touch with us by email or phone to check on your application process. *There will be a Forms page added soon so you can just print the SEED application from your computer at home. Keep checking back to see when it is available.

Do you help fund for work attire? (i.e. safety clothing)

Yes, one time only! You need a letter from your employer stating that you have been hired and that the safety clothing is required to do your job.

When is there a Service Canada Representative at your office?

There is a Canada Service Representative in our Administration building every fourth Tuesday of the month. Walk-ins only. The representative will be here from 9:30am-3:30pm with a break from noon to 1pm for lunch hour. The representative will not see anyone during the lunch hour. Please plan accordingly. **There is also a Service Canada Representative at the Cornwall Island Administration building (CIA #3) every second Tuesday of the month. The same hours apply.

What service does the Service Canada Representative help me with?

The Service Canada Representative will help you with any questions you may have about: - Old Age Security (OAS) Pension - Canada Pension - Social Insurance Number (SIN Card) - Employment Insurance **Please remember that if you are coming in for a SIN card, you will need your original Birth Certificate, and (MCA) Status Card on hand. For any other inquiries please bring all correspondence you received from Service Canada with you.

Feel free to contact us with any other questions

ACESS | Akwesasne Career & Employment Support Services |  Mon-Fri 9:00am to 3:00pm