Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
August 6, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Code: 35-2012
Status: Permanent Full - time
Location: A/CDP Partridge House
Department: SRMHS Partridge House
Reports To: Inpatient Coordinator
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Inpatient Program Coordinator, the cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to weekly menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Will be responsible for the cooking, cleaning, ordering food supply and other kitchen supplies. Work may include operating a grill, oven, and/or fryer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for maintaining all confidentiality standards and regulations of all prospective clients (e.g., federal, state, and tribal).
- Knows and understands all house policies, rules and operating procedures of the Partridge House Inpatient Program relating to patient care and reports any violation of any of these to his/her supervisor or a Clinical Staff Member (Counselor, Program Coordinator, or Clinical Director), as soon as possible.
- Performs all duties in an ethical manner and complies with all ethical standards of SRMT.
- Practice universal precaution; hand washing, wearing gloves, and hairnets while preparing meals.
- Preparation of meals for clients as needed (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and snacks between meals.
- Working with vendors to order food as needed.
- Follow prepared menus developed by Registered Dietician.
- Responsible for proper food handling, labeling, and proper storage.
- Attend educational trainings on food preparation, nutrition, and menu planning for the prevention of heart disease and diabetes, as scheduled.
- Responsible for following daily schedule for meal times and the cleaning of appliances and food preparation area.
- Maintain inventory of kitchen essentials: food, cleaning supplies, gloves, meal settings.
- Professional Boundaries: fellow employees and clients, are to be treated with respect, courtesy, fairness, and cooperation;
- Competence: staff are to understand and recognize the boundaries and limitations of their professional competence;
- Client Welfare: client welfare is always the first priority- any conflict on the unit that interferes client welfare or results in a client feeling unsafe is to be reported to a supervisor as soon as possible;
- Other duties, as assigned by the Clinical Director and Program Coordinator.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in food preparation and janitorial skills.
- Possession of a valid Driver License in accordance with Fleet Policy.
- Minimum of two years of sobriety (if a recovering person).
- CPR/First Aid Certified (or willing to be certified within the first three months of work).
- Pass a medical screening, complete with PPD testing, and a current flu shot.
- Knowledge of treatment setting and understanding of 12 step self-help program is an asset.
- The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
- Background/Reference Check Required
- Native American preference applies.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED. Experience in food preparation and janitorial skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribes Fleet policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.