March 5, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
POSITION: LINE COOK
REPORTS TO: BOH MANAGER
DEADLINE TO APPLY: POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
CAA Management is a locally owned and operated company within the Mohawk Territory of Akwesasne. It is the umbrella company for Twinleaf-branded convenience stores, fuel stations, food and beverage venues, and other interests. It is the mission of CAA Management to deliver quality goods and service to Akwesasne and the surrounding community.
The Line Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry station, grill, and other areas of the kitchen. This position is in a fast-pace environment with a high volume of customers during peak times. It requires an individual who is able to take direction, and can work calmly and effectively under pressure. To perform this job successfully and individual must be able to perform the following duties satisfactorily.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines
- Clean and maintain station, practicing good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills.
- Prepare all food items in a sanitary and timely manner putting an emphasis on serving consistent, high-quality products.
- Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant manager.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Has understanding and knowledge on how to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Must have at least one (1) year of cooking experience.
- Applicant must have basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Applicant must be a self-motivated, team player that is able to maintain a professional image at all times for the restaurant.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work efficiently under pressure, such as during peak times
- Applicant must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Applicant must be willing to work holidays, weekends, days or
To Apply: Online at www.twinleafstores.com and Submit letter of interest and resume to or send to CAA Management: c/o Jake Swamp, PO Box 609, 76 Geronimo Lane, Akwesasne, NY 13655.