On-Going Service Supervisor
Mohawk Council of Akwesasne (MCA)
July 23, 2021
Akwesasne, QC, Canada
ON-GOING SERVICE SUPERVISOR
FULL TIME TERM POSITION (JULY 2021-DECEMBER 2021)
AKWESASNE CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY & SOCIAL SERVICES
SALARY LEVEL: DS05 ST2 $56,803.89
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Program Manager or designate, the incumbent is responsible for the supervision and administration of On-Going Service Unit operations and the coordination of service planning and the monitoring of service provisions to clients and families, respecting Ontario or Quebec legislation, standards and requirements in the provision of services and including services to Quebec youth under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
- Bachelor in Social Work or equivalent;
- With three (3) years supervisory experience in the social work or human service field.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Understands budgetary planning and financial management;
- Works well under pressure;
- Ability to inspire and motive staff;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Project/time management and organization skills;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and guidelines;
- Ability to work in crisis situations with children and families;
- Ability to work flexible hours.
All interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas along with three references submitted on a Consent to Release Reference Check form, which can be found on the Akwesasne.ca website under Employment. Applications should be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, July 23, 2021 to:
Shayleen Thompson, HR Staffing Officer
Administration Building #1
Phone: (613) 575-2250, ext. 2147
- Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
- Native preference in hiring.
- A criminal record check is mandatory before start of employment.
- As a requirement of employment, all applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance number.
- An eligibility list will be created for one year.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted (MCA may cancel, postpone, or revise employment opportunities at any time.