Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
July 2, 2021
Akwesasne, NY, United States
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
Job Code: 33-9032
Salary: $23,878.40 - $46,966.40
Department: Three Sisters Program
Reports To: Program Manager
Summary: Under the direction of the Three Sisters Program Manager, the Security Guard is responsible to maintain a safe and secure environment for the Safe Home Residents and staff by patrolling and monitoring the building premises and grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Secures property by patrolling; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points
- Secure premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and property
- Controlling the entrance and departure of employees, visitors and vehicles according to protocols.
- Using provided communication devices such as two-way radios in a clear and concise manner.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Provide detailed reports on daily activities and any incidents that may have occurred to management.
- Reviews logbook and other communication systems daily to keep informed of issues
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours, when necessary contact the on-call advocate for situations requiring immediate attention.
- Presents him/herself in a ready, alert, neat, properly groomed, and professional manner at all times when formally representing the Three Sisters Program
- Enforces Three Sisters program rules uniformly and consistently
- Responds appropriately to needs and crisis situations, such as mediating basic interpersonal problems between residents and summoning emergency and/or on-call personnel
- Complete all required program training and maintain certifications
- Due to the sensitive nature of information, must maintain strict confidentiality of the location of the Safe House and the identity of its residents at all times.
- Report any suspected child abuse or maltreatment per the New York State Mandated Reporter Guidelines.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisor requirements for this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Proven work experience as a Security Guard or relevant position is an asset.
Other Skills and Abilities: Communication skills to effectively communicate with others, especially in stressful situations; Ability to work alone or as part of a team; Attention to detail; Good judgment in order to quickly identify the best course of action dealing with situations as they arise; Observation skills in order to immediately notice anything out of the ordinary.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances and pass a background check prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.