Ontario Power Generation (OPG)
April 16, 2021
Cornwall, ON, Canada
Req ID: 28761
Status: Full time, Permanent
Education Level: College Diploma in Police Foundations, Law and Security Administration or equivalent experience
Location(s): Cornwall, ON
Deadline to Apply: April 15, 2021
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation Inc. (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass, and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is hiring and training a Security Guard responsible for the security of the R. H Saunders Generating Station, located in Cornwall, ON.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
Specifically, you will:
- be involved in security operations and patrols while ensuring compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
To meet the challenges of this dynamic opportunity, you must:
- Have at least three years of experience in a civilian police force, or comparable security environment, and/or a Police Foundations or Law and Security Administration diploma;
- Hold a valid driver's licence;
- Hold valid standard first aid and CPR certificates;
- Have good report writing and computer skills;
- Offer strong interpersonal skills, highly collaborative and an effective team player;
- Successfully obtain an OPG Security Clearance;
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, OPG offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to the province
- If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you:
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., April 15th, 2021. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com